Description of the problem:
We have noticed that the steadyPRINT vPrinter is not installed in out Citrix environment although the configuration has been performed according to the instructions. Could you provide further assistance?
The actual problem is the driver installation on a Citrix server. In this process, error 50 (“the requirement is not supported”) occurs which is known under Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x. With reference to this problem we have opened a case with Citrix for which also a private fix is existing. The publication, however, has been prohibited.
There is the option of performing a workaround. In doing so, please proceed as follows:
- Rename the key „Universal Printer“ under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Providers. (e.g. „Universal Printer old“)
- Restart the print spooler (Please answer queries regarding the Citrix Print Service with “Yes”)
- Restart the steadyPRINT Service
- Check that the steadyPRINT vPrinter is available
- Rename the key back to „Universal Printer“
- Restart the print spooler
This process has to be repeated on all systems on which XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x is installed and the vPrinter is to be used. If provisioning servers are used, the imaging process has to be performed only once.
Additional note: These problems exist with all print server remote queries sent from a Citrix server. This results in the fact that printer drivers cannot be identified and their subsequent installation with external components is not possible. This problem can neither be solved with Windows standard tools. Only the “deactivation” as described in the Workaround above is currently providing effective support.
Citrix Universal Print Server
ID: sP00000 | Created on: 08-Feb-2016